Monday, October 31, 2005

i once was lost but now im found

i just finished the movie sabrina (after 3 attempts and always falling asleep before it ends). i just got so nostalgic because i came home to a sort of "weekend off" leave due to the holidays and my piggy isnt here.
i was sorting through photos to pass the time and you know how it always turns out that you feel how life was so easy back then......well that was what i felt. but another realization came to me as i was trying to piece together my lifeline through my pictures. you see i had a picture of me in a medschool uniform then my graduation, my first day as an intern, my oath taking and my first few days as a resident. in each event there was a different group of people with me but there were people who were constantly there and i guess these people were the ones who helped me realize my dream and are the reason i am where i am now.......thus the saying "i once was lost but now i found myself" really hit a note.
sabrina had found herself in paris by running away from something she had wanted but knew could not have and i, well, i found myself by sticking to my guns. its funny how sometimes you know what you want but dont know why. some would opt to be more critical but some, like i, would throw caution to the wind only to find out that what they wanted was really what they wanted. funny.... or should i say lucky.......
we often complain about how life is so hard and how more comfortable we were "back then" but you know what i think, i think we are given situations with a level of diffuculty according to our capabilities. because if you think about it, you just think life was easy back then because you are looking in retrospect. but in those days you werent always having the time of your life. you were, like you are now, tackling issues and overcoming hurdles.
if you keep on looking behind you, you might just not see the step on your way and trip, and fall, and ruin your chances of climbing to a better place...............im blessed to have found my footing, blessed to have found myself!

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=d43b68cb2b0e3026b97ec441029d2c3f