Sunday, October 02, 2005

jostein gaarder and my favorite coffee place


i bought "the orange girl" during the second day of my leave. i enjoyed it as it had a nice twist. i remember being in le cour de france reading and getting all teary eyed near the end of the story..... so yesterday, i had missed my chance to watch the comedy/lovestory of the cine europa and went to powerbooks to see if anything interested me as i resigned to sit at starbucks and wait for my better half who had dropped me off at shang to go to a stag party. i was already all the way in the store at the teen readers section, im embarrased to say, when we were prompted to go to the exit as the store was closing. desperate, my instinct led me to the jostein gaarder books and i picked out "the solitaire mystery" (it was that or "the devil wears prada")
i headed to my favorite coffee place, should i even begin to say which, and got myself no less than a grande of the coffee of the week. i was forced to share a table with a young girl, a few years younger than i, being a saturday evening, my favorite coffee place was a favorite hang out of the old and young alike. satisfied with my purchase (the book i mean) i opened my grande to mix with sugar and to my dismay spilt all over the table and my newly opened book. so now i will always remember that book with coffee stains as the saturday before my leave ended which i spent cozily reading in my favorite coffee place.
a note of advice, do not get verona if you dont intend to stay up all night as it is sssstrong!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dawn Eden's Blog On: Renée's split inspirational?
ATTENTION BLOGGERS: If you would like to include "Blog On!" in your blogroll, use this permanent ... As a music and pop-culture journalist, she contributed to People, Salon, Billboard, Good Housekeeping, New York Press, the Village Voice, and Mojo.
Hi, just popped in to see what your blog was about. I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I 've got a iams cat food site/blog. It has iams cat food related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

ss_blog_claim=d43b68cb2b0e3026b97ec441029d2c3f