Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Imagination and Good Food

i remember as a child, i was always told not to play with my food. it was hard at times because my imagination had a tendency to run wild (must be all those story books as a kid).

today, several years after leaving the comforts of home to start my own, my creative imagination can still be as rich as it was back then.

now, doesn't this look like a centurion to you?

sanlo-empanada3

a yummy one at that! i had taken notice after biting into what seemed to be the best empanada i had ever tasted in my life. i could not resist taking a photo to document my great find and after looking at my shot, my imagination just got the better of me! hahaha!

i first tasted San Lo's Famous Empanada after sampling one at Rockwell's Bakers Dozen.

after sinking my teeth into the sweet crust and savory chicken filling, i was hooked!

sanlo-empanada-2

each of the empanada costs around P55, a little steep for an empanada you might say, but its well worth a try. to say the least, if i was asked to eat just the crust of this delicious pie, i would gladly ask for seconds, thats how good it is! its sweet, buttery and crispy crust, and the hot, creamy chicken filling is such a treat...yuuuum....

i confess, i gobbled up the centurion in less than 2 minutes, craving for a second one! now thats good food!

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=d43b68cb2b0e3026b97ec441029d2c3f