Wednesday, April 08, 2009

A Scent for every Event

All this free time has pushed me to do a little tidying up in our room. I look at our closet and i sift through my bottles of perfume, thinking why i have so many half used bottles!

Some people like to just have one signature Scent but I'm a person who likes to associate a specific scent to a certain event in my life.

I remember when i first went out of the country to travel by myself, i was wearing 360 by Peris Ellis. After that adventure, i always wanted to wear this perfume when i was traveling. I associated the scent with fun times of exploration.

Summer has always been with my Ralph by Ralph Lauren. This cool scent just keeps me fresh during those hot humid days. And since i had first gotten a bottle of this when i was younger, memories of excitement during those days run through my mind whenever i encounter this scent!

On our wedding day, my mom, knowing my penchant for scents, had gotten my husband and i paired perfumes by Versace. I had gotten Bright Crystal and my husband got Versace Pour Homme. I fell in love with the sophisticated floral scent of "my big day's perfume" reminiscent of the cool air and surrounding floral gardens of our wedding destination. Now, whenever i wear this scent im taken back to our special day!

One of my daily work scents has always been Penhaligon's Lavendula. I remember i was attracted to this perfume simply because of its name, as lavender is one of my favorite colors. However, when i got this perfume, i was a bit reluctant because it had a musky scent from the bottle. I tried it on and instantly it became my favorite daily scent. this was the first time i had acquired perfume from Penhaligon as i always thought English perfumes were too strong, but this powdery scent is such a joy to wear! i just love it to the point that i like to be called MrsLavendula!

Another daily cologne i use are those of Jo Malone. I love the citrus line of Jo Malone but my favorite would definitely be the Blue Agava and Cacao scent. The lime and grapefruit blend with the blue agava mixed with a hint of cinnamon is just exquisitely chic!

My latest acquisition is a bottle of Abercrombie & Fitch's Perfume 41. I had worn this to take a qualifying exam which ended in success and now, i save this scent for when i need to attend important life defining events! talk about superstitious! but that's me......

......a foodie with a Scent for every event!

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=d43b68cb2b0e3026b97ec441029d2c3f