Thursday, April 09, 2009

Sound of Silence

silence has always been a friend. whether its during the early morning hours when the sun has just begun to rise, or a few minutes before i start my work. silence is a necessity that have always been a part of my day.

why do i seek silence in my life?

a few days ago, i was reading one of my favorite blogs and learned that there is an online retreat made by the Philippine Jesuits . so when as the day wound down, i got on line and begun my retreat.

you could enter the retreat through Entering thought Silences of Lent

enter

or through Silence and You

silence

the on line retreat is equip with numerous visual aids, music and various guides for reflection just as you would have in a full blown retreat. it takes about 30-45 minutes for 3 days, on maundy thursday, good friday and black saturday and can be done at home in a room with minimal distractions.

during the retreat, i felt myself hurrying in some of the items, not that i was bored but because im just so used to going at a certain speed. the retreat taught me that even in my daily silent moments i still need to learn how to slow down and silence myself.

im definitely excited for the second day of the 3 day on line retreat!

nourishing the soul has never been as easy as it is today with our current technology! so if you have 30 minutes to spare on line now, go ahead and indulge, the sound of silence never sounded so good!

thanks to heart 2 heart for introducing me to this retreat!

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=d43b68cb2b0e3026b97ec441029d2c3f